Home > Uncategorized > The road to 3.0

The road to 3.0

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the svn trunk will be in a very alpha state as I beginning testing and tweaking for the 3.0 WP release.  Anyone else who is testing – feel free to post back anything weird you may be noticing.  As of right now, things seem to function in a basic form.

Categories: Uncategorized Tags:
  1. Mike Henderson
    February 1st, 2010 at 10:26 | #1

Are MU plugins still in the same folder or are they moved to the regular plugins folder? I haven’t had a chance to read up on if this. I have 3.0 installed locally and would be happy to test any changes.

2. February 1st, 2010 at 10:29 | #2

@Mike Henderson
    mu-plugins isn’t there by default – but if you create the folder under wp-content you should be good to go. At this point, I have not tested anything yet on what happens when its loaded in and the blog is in single user mode (so beware). It should work fine though if you copy the files over after activating multisite mode.

3. Mike Henderson
    February 1st, 2010 at 12:22 | #3

@Aaron Axelsen
    I just copied over the structure from my live site as suggested by andrea_r: http://wpmututorials.com/news/testers-start-your-engines/ . So far so good.

4. February 2nd, 2010 at 10:42 | #4

Hello!
    We’ve been using this plug-in here at Saint-Laurent College in Canada and it works great!
    Are you planning to add AD group functionality to the plugin?
    I would like to be able to map the students with a specific WP role, and employees (teachers, administration personnel) to another WP role. Any idea how I could do that?
    Let me know if this is something interesting that you would like to implement in future releases. I would be interested in helping to develop that.
    Thanks!
    Marc-Olivier

• February 2nd, 2010 at 19:24 | #5

My goal is once I’m satisfied with functionality in 3.0 testing, I want to tackle the much requested and desired group feature. So unless the day job gets in the way, I hope to have this in the 3.0 release!

5. David Broderick
    February 11th, 2010 at 15:19 | #6

Aaron,

Is it possible to encrypt the Search User password in the database? Would be nice if this was not plain text.

Thanks for a great plugin.

David

6. DS
    March 3rd, 2010 at 14:02 | #7

I’m experiencing issues when blog admins bulk add a large group of users (say 30 or so users) that don’t already have blogs, so a personal blog is created for the user in addition to adding them to the admin’s blog. It appears that a number of tables are not being properly created for their personal blog. ie. wp_716_options. When you try to go to their blog, you just get “The blog you have requested is not installed properly. Please contact the system administrator.” and “WordPress database error: [Table ‘wordpress.wp_716_options’ doesn’t exist]” in my WP error log. I am running WPMU LDAP v2.9. I have disabled bulk add for now as this does not happen with single user adds.

7. DS
    March 3rd, 2010 at 14:04 | #8

@DS
    Shoot.. sorry. I put this in the wrong article. Meant to put my comment in the WPMU Ldap 2.9 released article.

8. Isabelle Moullet
    June 10th, 2010 at 08:48 | #9

Hello,
    I test the 2.9 wpmu ldap plugin with the RC1 version of wordpress 3.0. But I cannot make it run.. As I add a user, with the LDAP username than no local user is added to WP_users database as it used to be with WP 2.9.2. Is that a WP 3.0 bug or did I miss stg on my side? Thanks for your help

• Aaron Axelsen
      June 10th, 2010 at 08:56 | #10

The 2.9 version will not work on 3.0. If you want to test on 3.0, you’ll have to grab the latest development trunk in the svn repository.

9. Isabelle Moullet
    June 11th, 2010 at 03:46 | #11

Yes that’s the one I got. It is just labeled 2.9 in the php file. That’s why..

But i definiticvely had problem to make it word , in particular to add user in the WP database as I mentioned.

• Aaron Axelsen
      June 15th, 2010 at 00:09 | #12

just to confirm, you have the plugin in the mu-plugins folder on a 3.0 install that is multisite enabled right? If those weren’t the issues, what type of ldap server are you attempting to connect to?

10. Isabelle Moullet
    June 15th, 2010 at 09:28 | #13

@Aaron Axelsen
    yes 3.0 multisite enabled and mu-plugins flder .

LDAP is a SUN Directory server. I could connect without any problem with the 2.9.2 WP version

11. Aaron Axelsen
    June 15th, 2010 at 21:50 | #14

@Isabelle Moullet
    Are the attributes all configured the same way as in 2.9? There are a few more configurable options now than what there were in 2.9

12. Isabelle Moullet
    June 16th, 2010 at 04:02 | #15

@Aaron Axelsen
    Yes I have. I used for goup attribute the sane as what I have for member in the old version ( unilmemberof in my case) That’s the only difference.

13. Ahmed
    June 16th, 2010 at 08:28 | #16

hi
    now i have everything working but…. where or how can i get to the page where i configure the ldap settings. i cant find it anywhere and there is not edit link under the plugin.

1. No trackbacks yet.